Favorite Things Friday - Ruggable

I wish I had a fun update to share, but here we are nearly 6 weeks post-marathon and I am still not able to run. I am working with my physical therapist and massage therapist to fix the damage, but I am not holding any hope that I'll be lacing up my running shoes anytime soon. Meanwhile I am focused on getting my kids settled into the new school year and planning a trip back to the Midwest for my grandfather's funeral. Needless to say it's been an emotional few weeks, so I thought I would throw in something positive today: my love of Ruggable!

When I first saw a commercial for Ruggable, I wondered why no one had thought of this sooner. It's pure and simple genius – RUGS that you can WASH. Big rugs, too, not just the tiny ones that you put in your bathroom. Having recently acquired a new puppy (and not-so-recently acquired four man humans) my floors get really gross really quickly. The Ruggable system uses two layers so you can peel up the thin top layer and toss it in the washing machine. AND THEN THE DRYER!

It's true, you really can. And it works.

When the puppy makes it to the sliding glass door but not all the way outside before peeing? Rug goes in the washer.

Boys track in mud after playing soccer outside in the wet weather? Rug goes in the washer.

Puppy eats too much of a giant (rawhide-free) bone too quickly and pukes it all up? You get the idea.

Ruggable is definitely one of my favorite things, and I wish everything in my house had a covering that I could just peel off and wash. Truly brilliant.



Comments